Monday 19 March 2018

Black First Land First - The Fall of Man

The lie of the Lines we draw:

Fifteen years ago Zimbabwe was bathed in blood as White farmers were forced off of land by Blacks who claimed that the land belonged to them. This uprising occurred after years of oppression of Blacks by a cruel and racist white regime. Now, after the economy of Zimbabwe has spiralled into useless obscurity, the black land owners are having to turn to white farmers for help - because they have no idea how to farm.
And the cycle has begun again in South Africa - with consequences that, I fear, shall be far reaching.

Do you see how the lines of blood are drawn in the sand?
Of Us and Them? Of the Blacks and the Whites? I had thought....after a long time in a city that has become, of late, rather multicultural, that the rest of the world had started to turn around, that everywhere was becoming just that little bit more civilized. But you look around and the lines are still there - vivid and horrible like scars in the flesh.

And I honestly cannot see a way out. Trying to talk about the race issue is a....delicate process at best. There are wounds still fresh from years of abuse, from centuries of slavery and oppression, but the lines need to be obscured - we all, no matter what race, must work together.

What happened must not be forgotten, but the past cannot be used to make the future held accountable.

...I feel tired. And old. I don't think I ever really felt old until now. But looking at this....this mess of a world, I feel so very weary of it all - a tired grey weariness that is beyond even any real despair. Just a hopeless acceptance that this is what is... that some people just cannot be reasoned with.

I have tried to talk to members of the radical terrorist movement "black first land first" (BFL for some reason) about their plans - the response was....less than coherent. After having the laughably obscure insult of "Settler" thrown at me a couple of times, I was accused of speaking nothing but lies because I was white - the replies descending into naught by chanting, worldless shrieks and the battlecry of "Land Or Death" with absolutely no concept of what they would do beyond that. This isn't about equality - its about retaliation, about revenge.
And I have found that I cannot talk with them or find anything resembling a real plan... I find myself afraid for the children of humanity.

I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment